Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Bedtime Story Based On Famous Family Quotes

| Tuesday, December 13, 2011 |

It’s said that “Great family quotes can be inspirational and insightful”, isn’t it? Well, then why don’t we give our children a lesson through a bedtime story, which was about a family reunion with lots of family quotes are presented? I think this idea will have an influence on your beloved sons and daughters, much or little. So let’s start with the phrase” Once upon a time…”

Once upon a time, there was an old man lived in his ancient mansion in the outskirts of a city. The Christmas had come and our old man was looking forward to the reunion day, the Christmas’ Eve that his far away daughters and sons would return. He phoned her only son, reminded him about the reunion day.

”I’m too busy right now, dad. I’m not sure if I can return that day” – said his son.

“I know that you’re kind of busy, but I also know that family is the most important thing in the world. You can’t just abandon your family and say that you’re kind of busy.”

“Dad, I know there’s no such thing as fun as the whole family, but I don’t know if I can finish my work on time. I’ll try my best, hope to see you soon, dad.”
A little disappointed by the son’s reaction, the old man called his only daughter
“Hi, dad. I’m so happy to hear your voice. Have anything happened recently?”
“Nothing. I just called to remind you of the reunion day. I doubt that you’ll forget”

“Ah, the reunion day. Yes of course I remember, but there’s no telling that I may arrive on time. I’m kinda busy right now. Dad, forgive me if I come late, but there’ much chance that I will miss the date.”

“Is that so? I’ve hoped that you and your brother will come on time, but there seems to be that both of you will disappoint me that time”

“I’m sorry, dad. A man can't make a place for himself in the sun if he keeps taking refuge under the family tree. I must have my work done first, for those people can’t underestimate me. I’ll call you back later. Love you, dad”

“Love you, my daughter”. The sadness surrounded the old man. All his hope was lost.
The Christmas Eve had come, and once again the old man lived the whole night with the maids and his butler, the old friend that have lived with him for more than 30 years. He sent two postcards to his sons and daughters, asking them the question
“Have you believed in ghost? If you don't believe in ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion?.

The day his mature children received the postcard, his old dad had passed away. They then knew the value of happiness. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city”. But it’s the way too late.